Ping G400 Men's Golf Package Set - Steel
0% Finance Now Available Over 3-12 Months!
Minimum basket value £250
PING G400 Men's Golf Package Set - Steel
With its smaller and streamlined body, the new PING G400 Driver packs a surprisingly more powerful punch than its predecessor. It replaces the G30 and G families, which were highly successful in their own right, but the manufacturer has taken the initiative to improve the adjustable hosel design and other key elements of the club.
- 6% thinner, all-new forged clubface, delivering a shocking 1.2-2 mph in additional ball speed (at 105 mph swing speed) thanks to 16% more flex at impact
- Advanced to the highest levels of stability and aerodynamics to date
- Better settings on the adjustable hosel (+/- 1 degree in both directions)
- Reduced drag of roughly 15% overall (40% mid-downswing) due to the improved, bolder turbulators on the crown, streamlined shaping and Vortec Technology
- 9% lighter face is offset by extra weight strategically placed to tighten dispersion
The driver features an internal rib structure, for improving feel and sound, as well as the deepest CG and highest MOI from the manufacturer thus far. This is achieved, in part, by the ultra-thin crown and skirt (Dragonfly Technology) and high-density tungsten back weight. The Dragonfly Technology creates an “infinity edge” effect by extending to the skirt, which, when coupled with the bolder turbulators, creates a brilliantly crafted look that is inspiring.
Going above and beyond, PING have outdone themselves with precision-tuned frequencies within the internal architecture of the club, producing a more muted and deeper sound. This achievement was based on “music theory,” and the result of computer simulations and extensive research. The final product is a sound that is both satisfying and confidence-building.
Unique Forging Process
The T9S+ face is powered by a patented heat-treatment process and unique forging process that produce a hotter, thinner impact area. To tighten dispersion more than ever before, additional weight was placed strategically, made possible by a thinner and lighter face than that of the club’s predecessor.
Featuring many of the same technologies found in the all-new G400 Drivers, the PING G400 Fairway Woods offer players a thin, lightweight crown and a machined backweight. Its optimised CG and increased MOI owe credit to a combination of new advancements, and it boasts an aerodynamic adjustable hosel (+/- roughly 1 degree) and a new face texture for improving distance and reducing spin. A 28% thinner clubface (over the previous G model) and increased face flex of 30% are responsible for as much as 2 mph of added ball speed.
Players will enjoy a higher launch and longer carry, resulting from the club’s improved sole design, part of PING’s strategy going into the 2017 season. These clubs are purposely designed to keep each club as easy to hit as possible, while helping players hit the ball farther consistently.
- 5-setting adjustable hosel is aerodynamic, and enables players to decrease the loft by 1 degree, or increase it by .6 degrees
- Standard Fairway Wood – available in 3-wood (14.5 degrees), 5-wood (17.5 degrees), 7-wood (20.5 degrees) and 9-wood (23.5 degrees)
- Also available in a 13-degree Stretch 3 version and SF Tec (Straight Flight Technology) version
- “Maraging” stainless steel face (the same material used in landing aircrafts) is the strongest PING have used to date
- 17.4 SS crown is the thinnest yet (just 0.48mm thick) and is cast ultra-thin, increasing total MOI (high-low, heel-toe)
- Crown features aerodynamic bumps (turbulators) near the seam
- Machined back weight (styled in the form of a trapezoid) is repositioned in the back of the sole, massively dropping the CG to make it even easier to get the ball in the air and minimises head twisting during off-centre hits
- Faster ball speed and stopping power
- Full-face forgiveness
- The head’s cascading sole increases face flexing
- Reduced spin and higher launch
A highly advanced hybrid is an essential midway between your fairway woods and your longest iron. Coming standard with a counterbalanced PING Alta CB shaft, the new G400 Hybrid is uniquely designed to maximise weight distribution and increase the moment of inertia. Added weight helps the club to resist twisting during off-centre hits, while a machined weight (positioned at the back portion of the sole) lowers CG, enabling loftier shots that find their way higher into the air.
Among the club’s noticeable improvements, a new maraging steel face is 20% stronger and more flexible than that of any previous hybrid material, enabling the manufacture to produce 35% more flex on the face during impact by thinning the face down
- Ultra-thin, 17-4 stainless steel crown (.48 millimetres thick)
- No adjustable hosel, but the hosels can be bent by a custom fitter to adjust lie angle up to 2 degrees
- Comes standard with Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip
- Increase of 2 mph (on average) of ball speed and a higher peak trajectory
- Weights are both deeper and lower
- Steeper landing angles
- Has been designed to make it easier to hit for players who have difficulty connecting with the middle of the face
Mid- and higher-handicap players, especially, will appreciate the innovative new technologies that have been combined with some time-tested ones to produce irons that are both forgiving and capable of launching the ball faster and higher. The face-flexing technology is coupled with multi-material construction to allow the G400 to flex in a catapulting fashion, launching the ball with ferocity and precision. Using a top rail undercut and COR-Eye Technology, golfers can “Expect one less club to the green with the height of two less clubs.”
The Cor-Eye feature is easily visible to players in the back of the clubs, and this round section helps to activate the sole and top rail, promoting faster ball speed throughout a wider area of the face. PING’s senior design engineer, Marty Jertson, has mentioned that the result has been the creation of a distance iron that does not have hot spots.
In a first move for PING, each G400 Iron has a cavity under the top rail, in addition to the one at the bottom, expanding the sweetspot in a vertical manner. The iron is also crafted to produce impressive stopping power on the greens, and a co-moulded, 3-piece cavity badge creates a powerful sound and feel by providing an enriched impact response.
- Players can customise swing weight thanks to a concealed CTP weight
- 3-piece, multi-material aluminium and elastomer badge (Santoprene) absorbs vibrations post impact
- Friction through the turf is reduced up to 40% due to the Hydropearl Chrome finish, which also improves launch and spin from the rough and in wet conditions
- Comes standard with PING AWT steel shafts and Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips or PING Alta graphite shafts
- Hyper 14-4 stainless steel head increases strength 40%, enabling a thinner face
- Refined and clean look are produced by the face and hosel geometry
- PING AWT 2.0 Shaft utilises PING’s proprietary Ascending Weight Technology that increases in heaviness as they progress from long irons to short irons/wedges
Delivery Deadline for all orders is 3:30pm Monday-Friday.
Express Shipping Options
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, we happily offer a 21-day returns policy which allows you to send back any item for a full refund.
We do however require that the items are returned as received, unworn with all labels and packaging. Please ensure you read our full returns policy so that we can make the process as smooth as possible.
Our team work hard to process all of the orders which are returned but to make it easier for them please download a returns document: click here to help us identify the parcel and let us know how we need to take action.
Proceed to read our full returns policy, click here.