Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic SZ Driver
Buy together and save!
Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic Sub Zero Driver
Callaway is once again challenging the accepted norm with innovative design logic that aims to stiffen the new GBB Epic clubs rather than enhance overall flexibility. This approach is a reaction to the discoveries made over the past two years, during which it was demonstrated that the face interacts differently at impact (with some favourable outcomes) than it had with previous, more flexible models. Emerging from the research and development project is a range that features a fortified frame immediately behind the face. Instead of letting the flexibility dissipate across the sole and crown, this method forces it to be concentrated at the club’s face.
These new multi-material drivers have captured the attention of the pros, including Rory McIlroy. Callaway’s director of R&D for woods states, “Our new driver family represents a breakthrough in technology, innovation and performance… First and foremost, 'Jailbreak' technology consists of two 3-gram titanium bars that connect the crown and sole near the face and fundamentally change the way the body and face behave at impact.” The company notes that a thinner and more flexible face, when combined with a rigid body, produces greater ball speed, energy transfer, and longer drives. Gibbs also mentioned that the structure stiffens the body, allowing for greater deflection of the face – greater face loading ultimately creates a larger area that emulates centre-hit performance by delivering superior ball speeds.
Shared Design Components
- Triaxial carbon crown
- Exo-cage light and strong titanium body
- Updated aerodynamic “Speed Step” crown
- Removable 12-gram and 2-gram sole weights assist with trajectory control (200 rpm of additional spin as well as higher launch result from the heavier weight in the rear)
- Lower spinning than the standard Epic (150 rpm less in this setting, and with the 12-gram weight near the face, 350 rpm less)
- More forgiving than comparable low spin drivers
- 43% higher MOI than that of the BB Alpha 816
- CG location, shot-shape adjustability, and draw bias make this a more forgiving option for a wider range of golfers
Comes standard with the Aldila Rogue Max shaft.
Buy Callaway Great Big Bertha (GBB) Epic Sub Zero Driver at Clickgolf.co.uk – the internet’s trusted name with exceptional prices, fast delivery, and unbeatable service