Ping G400 Fairway Wood
Featuring many of the same technologies found in the all-new G400 Drivers, the PING G400 Fairway Woods offer players a thin, lightweight crown and a machined backweight. Its optimised CG and increased MOI owe credit to a combination of new advancements, and it boasts an aerodynamic adjustable hosel (+/- roughly 1 degree) and a new face texture for improving distance and reducing spin. A 28% thinner clubface (over the previous G model) and increased face flex of 30% are responsible for as much as 2 mph of added ball speed.
Players will enjoy a higher launch and longer carry, resulting from the club’s improved sole design, part of PING’s strategy going into the 2017 season. These clubs are purposely designed to keep each club as easy to hit as possible, while helping players hit the ball farther consistently.
- 5-setting adjustable hosel is aerodynamic, and enables players to decrease the loft by 1 degree, or increase it by .6 degrees
- Standard Fairway Wood – available in 3-wood (14.5 degrees), 5-wood (17.5 degrees), 7-wood (20.5 degrees) and 9-wood (23.5 degrees)
- Also available in a 13-degree Stretch 3 version and SF Tec (Straight Flight Technology) version
- “Maraging” stainless steel face (the same material used in landing aircrafts) is the strongest PING have used to date
- 17.4 SS crown is the thinnest yet (just 0.48mm thick) and is cast ultra-thin, increasing total MOI (high-low, heel-toe)
- Crown features aerodynamic bumps (turbulators) near the seam
- Machined back weight (styled in the form of a trapezoid) is repositioned in the back of the sole, massively dropping the CG to make it even easier to get the ball in the air and minimises head twisting during off-centre hits
- Faster ball speed and stopping power
- Full-face forgiveness
- The head’s cascading sole increases face flexing
- Reduced spin and higher launch
Alta CB Shaft
The Alta CB shaft comes in an attractive copper colour that, when you place the club down at address, seems to “transform” into black. This “Colour-Shift Paint Technology” eliminates distraction while giving the club a stunning appearance to onlookers. Increased energy transfer comes from more mass in the head, and is made possible by PING’s proprietary counter-balance design.
Purchase the all-new PING G400 Fairway Woods from the internet’s leading stockist, Clickgolf.co.uk. We carry the entire G400 range: Drivers, Fairway Woods (also including the SF Tec and Stretch 3), Hybrids, Crossovers, and Irons, at the most competitive rates and delivery speeds.